Last updated 26/09/2019
In the course of our business dealings with you we may collect, use, disclose, and hold information about identified or identifiable persons (Personal Information), as well as other business or technical data.
Information that we collect from you
During the course of your relationship with us, or your use of our Oversight Solutions web-based service (Service), we may collect the following information:
- We will collect personal details from you during the course of your establishing and maintaining an account or user profile with us via the Service, such as your name, user name, passwords, address, email address and phone numbers, and credit card and payment details.
- We will collect data that is inputted or uploaded by users into the Service.
- We will collect data related to the use of the Service, including details of the pages visited, the reports generated and the data accessed.
- We may collect other Personal Information and data during the course or as a result of your relationship with us, including where necessary to enable us to provide products and services to you or to respond to requests for further information.
We don’t store payment information
We may collect credit card and payment information from you, but we do not store or process this information ourselves. Any credit card and other payments made by users in connection with the Service will be processed by third-party payment platform providers. We may provide your Personal Information or data, such as your email address, to such third-party payment platform providers where necessary to verify or match the payments made to your user account.
How we use Personal Information and other data
We will use, disclose and hold Personal Information and data collected by us for the following purposes:
- to enable us to operate the Service for the benefit of users;
- to establish and maintain any account you hold with us;
- to complete sales transactions;
- to respond to your queries or requests for additional information or support;
- to provide any after-sales service required by you;
- to maintain our records;
- to provide technical support and administration services in relation to the Service and any products or services ordered by you;
- for product development or research purposes; and
- to evaluate customer satisfaction and the performance of marketing activities.
Our cookies will only use information about your personal preferences and user settings so that the Service will remember your details next time you visit. We may use, disclose or sell other data collected by us from cookies for other purposes, but only on an aggregated basis and in a way that ensures that no individual is able to be identified from such information.
Statistical data that we collect
During your use of the Service we may collect statistical data about such use, such as the date, time and length of your use, the pages of the Service that you visit, and information about the device you are using to access the Service. This information may be collected by software operating on the Service, or by third party service providers on our behalf.
We may use and disclose such statistical data for the following purposes:
- to measure the effectiveness of any services or features provided via the Service;
- to better direct users to products or services that might interest them;
- to identify user behaviour and user trends on the Service;
- to maintain and optimise the technical performance, operation and security of any products or services (including the Service) provided by us; and
- to assist in resource planning.
We may disclose or sell such statistical data to others for any purpose, but only on an aggregated basis and in a way that ensures that no individual is able to be identified from such data.
User and subject data
We may use Personal Information and other data collected by us or via the Service to send or email to you marketing or promotional information about our services or products, or the services or products of other companies (Direct Marketing Information), but only if you have expressly given us permission to do so.
We will not sell your Personal Information or other data to direct marketers unless you have expressly given us permission to do so.
We may transfer your Personal Information and other data to another entity in connection with a sale of our business or assets, or a merger or consolidation or restructuring of our business or company, or any other transaction in which a third party acquires ownership of any rights in the Service.
If we transfer any of your Personal Information and other data in such circumstances, we will ensure that such Personal Information and other data remain protected and that the recipient of that Personal Information and other data agrees to be bound by privacy practices and obligations that are consistent with our own under this Policy.
Disclosure of information to third-parties
We will not use your Personal Information and other data, or disclose your Personal Information and other data to third parties, except:
- where we reasonably believe that such use or disclosure is required or expressly permitted under any applicable law.
Holding Personal Information
We will not hold your Personal Information and other data for longer than is reasonably required for the purposes for which we may lawfully use that Personal Information or data.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to effect and maintain adequate security measures to safeguard your Personal Information and other data we hold from loss or unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure.
Transfer of Information
Use of third-party websites
If you access any third-party websites via a link from any of the Service, you will leave the Service. By accessing these links you are not covered by the policies relating to the Service. We are not responsible for the content of any third-party websites, or their use of your Personal Information or other data.
Your rights to access and correct Personal Information
Where we hold Personal Information or other data about you, you have a right to access and correct that Personal Information or data in accordance with applicable laws. If you want to access or correct your Personal Information or data, please contact our Privacy Officer (see below) and he/she will tell you how to make a request and if any charges will apply.
You may also request that we remove or take down from the Service particular content that you object to, (for example, because you believe our use or displaying of that content breaches a person’s privacy or infringes their copyright). See our Terms and Conditions of Service [Terms and Conditions] for details of how to request a removal or takedown of such content. Please note that some Service content, such as the names and addresses of shareholders and directors of companies, is publicly available information that can be found on public registers such as the New Zealand Companies Office. We may not be able to remove or take down such publicly available content, nor will we be obliged to do so.
See also Terms and Conditions